Happy Sunday! How was your week? It was a busy one here, as usual, and I have been scrambling to prepare some decent healthy meals. Thanks to having several options in the freezer and some quick, healthy side dishes, we managed to make it through the week! On Thursday, I was fumbling for a side dish to go with grilled chicken when I discovered some broccoli that needed to be used soon. I had a few sweet potatoes in the pantry so I made the kid’s favorite healthy side dish: Roasted Broccoli & Sweet Potatoes in Coconut Oil.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 Medium sized Sweet Potatoes, peeled
- 2 to 3 Broccoli Crowns, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oli
- Kosher Sea Salt (to taste)
- Place oven rack in upper 1/3 of oven and Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spray Baking Sheet lightly with Cooking Spray (I like to use Olive Oil or Coconut Oil Spray)
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch cubes, then cut broccoli crowns into florets and spread on the baking sheet
- Place 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil on top of the vegetables. If you are not familiar with Coconut Oil it comes as a solid, but will melt when placed in the oven
- Place in upper 1/3 of the Oven and roast for 5 minutes
- After approximately 5 minutes, the Coconut Oil should be melted, so take out of the oven and toss vegetables to coat with the oil, then sprinkle with Sea Salt.
- Place back in the oven and roast for additional 15 to 20 minutes. Remove when broccoli and sweet potatoes are lightly crisped.
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|
Are you a fitness blogger looking for another great link-up? Check out the Weekly Wrap that goes live every Sunday at 5pm! Also, check out these other great link-ups this week: